Sunday, April 06, 2008

He Died in His Sleep

I've been seeing this news feed on TV about a 38-year old Korean rapper who passed away last Wednesday. I never had time to sit down and really comprehend the news not until this evening when N, a former classmate called, and one Ajumma in the yoga class told me that I should change my ringtone. I am like, Why? I like my ringtone. It makes me wanna dance every time someone calls.

Ajumma told me that the lead rapper of that band had just passed away and it is but polite to give respect, or something like that. I was not able to get the rest of her rambling. They were sort of sad. I thought at first that because the hunk yoga instructor is gone. Didn't know the real reason behind the gloomy atmosphere.

Koreans are like that. When a well known personality dies, it's like the whole country mourns. They'd be solemn for days and as soon as the news fades out, they go back to their usual ways... then... another celebrity passes away.

I am not really into Korean Pop scene. There are very few bands that I like. However, when I first came here, the group was in their peak, and someone was sweet enough to give me a CD of the band's first album as a Christmas gift. I lost the CD during one of those house moving, but the thought that went with that gift is something that to this date I consider, priceless.

As as sign of respect to Im Seong Hoon, the so-called Turtle Man of the band Keoboogi (Turtle), I am posting the MTV of my favorite ringtone, Ulmana (How much).




I think I am going to change my ringtone back to Stupify.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really know him but I just want to thank you for commenting on my blog.

Take care.

Unknown said...

How sad that on the occasion of your 18th birthday your favorite band has to lose its rapper. What's gonna happen with the two girls now? I always like Kobogi.

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Many happy returns my gorgeous Deity...

Unknown said...

Yes, I am back in Shanghai. Should I ready the guest room for you?

The Wandering Deity said...

Erik, prepare the guest room! I'll be there tomorrow!!!

Sonnet to Fathers