Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Teacher Tell Me Tell Me What Happened

Last month, I posted about my students' daring me to dance in exchange for memorizing 10 new words each day.

I rehearsed for a week. I swear I did. I even secretly memorized the dance steps during yoga classes. During meditation sessions, my brain was trying to perfect the moves. You go to your happy place, I will gyrate in my head.

I even registered in youtube to download the showdown with the six year old from hell. Already I was waiting for a call from some Hollywood talent manager inviting me to audition for the remake of Chicago.

D-day came: I went to school ready for public hanging. I told Teacher K to turn on her PC (she had it password protected to keep the students from playing games online during break period) as I need to play the Tell Me video. Teacher K was like, HWWHAATT??? HWHHHYYY??? When I squealed the specifics, she told me to step outside as she needed to give the students a word or two.

When she was done, I was welcomed by the students with a glare -- that kind of glare that would make even Osama Bin Laden wet in his pants. I knew then that my hopes of replacing Renee Zellwegger had gone down the drain. For the rest of the week, none of them would talk to me. They completely went on a silent mode. Oh well, one can't please all the kids in the world. Ha! Like I cared.

Yeah I did. I still feel so bad to this day. It's like I betrayed them. They are now traumatized for life, and it's because of me.

On another note, I found this Tell Me video with Korean teachers doing the dance craze.



Should I thank Teacher K for saving my ass?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your students will hate you for life! The video is completely hilarious tho'

Unknown said...

Had a crazy week partying. This is life girl. Wish you're here. Are you envious?!!! Don't be you get to party with your students anyway.

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Unknown said...

Btw, you don't wanna look stupid like those teachers. Ahhsaaaa!!!

atomicvelvetsigh said...

haaa!! this is hilarious! reminds me of the film The Triumph where Matt Perry was a teacher who made a deal with his students to listen to him and every five minutes he will drink a pack of chocolate milk.. well he puked tho. lol.. you have to watch this!

The Wandering Deity said...

Erik, I am not jealous of your grand vacation. I am deeply troubled that you are partying without me. I thought we're BFF?

Velvet, I haven't seen that movie.I will google online and see if I could download a copy.

I like choco milk. I'm sure I am not going to puke. Harharhar!

The Wandering Deity said...

Anonymous, I appreciate someone dropping by to read my rantings but I'd appreciate it even more if you could kindly sign in at least a nickname?

rheytarded said...

you are one crazy teacher!

oh well, yeah thank teacher K for saving your ass... hehehe if you actually went through that dance, youre students wont forget what you did and will forget the words that they memorized. lol

hehehehe

JB Lazarte said...

LOL! "Tell Me!" usong uso iyan dito sa mga korean teachers he he he

Abad said...

Sayang! Naiintindihan ko yung mga bata. Hinihintay ko pa naman yung video. Chance mo na sanang magbago ng career! ahahaha.

The Wandering Deity said...

Jb, yung dance craze reminds me of Sex Bomb. bata o matanda na-addict magsayaw basta marinig yung song. dito, pasimple lang mga bata sa sulok nagpapractice... kasama ako. hahah!

The Wandering Deity said...

Abad, sayang nga eh. actually, feel ko talagang i-video yung song, to remind me that once in my life, NAGPAUTO ako sa mga bata. ahahhaha! di bale, next time siguro, secret ko na lang sa mga co-teachers ko. LOL!

The Wandering Deity said...

rhey, galit sa akin si Teacher K, kase ni spoil ko daw mga bata, kase sbi ko today, ende na sila memorize words everyday. once a week na lang, to amend for what i have done to them. am not sure she'd like it if i dance in her honor. LOL!

rheytarded said...

you should watch the triumph... matthew perry is in it.
:)

annyywwaaay, if you dance that way, i think Teacher K will forget he/she's mad at you... hehehehe

Sonnet to Fathers