Sunday, January 06, 2008

Journey's New Vocalist is a Pinoy!

One of my favorite bands from the 70’s and 80’s circa, Journey, known for their hits Open Arms, Faithfully, and Don’t Stop Believing, among others, have finally found a new front man in the person of Arnel Pineda, lead vocals of a Filipino band, The Zoo. Yay!

So when I read Gab’s blog entry about the new lead guy of Journey, I could not believe my eyes. I mean, how cool is that? Journey is really famous and awesome and all. I remember screaming my lungs out back then whenever I hear the song Open Arms, considered to be the National Anthem of every high school hopeless romantics during the 80's.



Anyway, I googled the youtube video that caught the Journey’s attention to Arnel’s singing prowess. Check out the proof that this Pinoy dude is indeed a Journey man.



See this CNN clip on youtube how Arnel was discovered.

I am so proud of Arnel!

Sana me free ticket lahat ng pinoy sa Journey concerts =D

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, alam ko yung 1st song.

The Wandering Deity said...

Ende ka pa ata pinapanganak ng maging super sikat yan. Pero relate ka sa lyrics. Asteeeeg:) Haha!

Anonymous said...

God MJ, we saw this band in Tokyo last week and the vocalist sounded like Robert Plant. Got goose bumps watching him sing Kashmir and thought of you. Filipinos got amazing talent!!! Too bad you can't sing girl! :)

The Wandering Deity said...

Mc, there are by far hundred of talented Filipinos waiting to be discovered. And I... happened to be one of them. Just you wait!

Anonymous said...

Gurl you're a talented writer. No singing for you. ;P

Anonymous said...

Wow! As in wow! Filipino vocalist for Journey. That's the best news for 2008 so far. Guess I should start uploading those Karaoke nights in youtube. Who knows I could be the next lead guy of Eagles. Tara Mj. Let's sing the year away!

The Wandering Deity said...

Kanta ka na lang Tito. Clap na lang me:)

Abad said...

napanood ko 'to last monday sa gma. You might find it interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj_Xn28i-Yc

The Wandering Deity said...

Abad, thank you ha. Kaaliw nga ang drama ng mga bruha. Ahahhahaha!!! Ay, ako din pala, ganyan ang drama sa life. Lol!

Sonnet to Fathers