Friday, January 11, 2008

It's Snowing You Know

My apartment is approximately 40 minutes away from where I work (ten minutes by subway and another 30 minutes by bus). However this morning, it took me almost two hours to get to school. It snowed cats and dogs from 8 am till the time I got home.

It took me another three hours to get home.

On the way home, 5 minutes away from school, we witnessed this pileup along the intersection of Siheung Highway. Apparently, the truck driver forgot that it was snowing and decided to hit the gas at 90 kilometers per hour.

I had to tell the bus driver to speak in Korean slowly that I may be able to understand what really happened. Ajossi (old Korean man) was not very friendly and told me to just listen, which was not easy because everyone in the bus was so excited they all chattered at the same time.

Good thing is, the truck driver wasn't badly harmed. Bad thing is, I sat idly in the bus, taking pictures of the mishap, for almost an hour, until my butt hurt, crabbily listening to all the old people in the bus who were all busy calling in their relatives about the incident.

Consequently, our bus driver decided to be extra careful. By frequent checking of the speedometer, I deduced that he floored the gas at an average of at least 10 km/hr.

Torture.

Let there be no more snow tomorrow.

Accident

3 comments:

Abad said...

Ang tagal pala ng biyahe mo araw araw. talagang kinuhanan mo pa ng picture para sa blog?

The Wandering Deity said...

actually, 20 minutes by car lang yung school eh. pasaway kase yung bus, daming stops. wala kaseng jeep dito eh.

oo lagi ko dala camera ko or celphone. lol. yun hobby ko dito para wag akong mabaliw! hahahhaha!!!!

atomicvelvetsigh said...

yikes! buti nalang you were far behind when that accident happened.. and that there were no serious injuries.. gee dito nga for me there is no week that passes without hearing (or seeing!) an accident on the same road where i work. haaay.. life..

Sonnet to Fathers