Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome Year of the Rat


It's been almost three hours since I kissed 2007 goodbye and welcomed 2008 with a big kiss on the monitor (to greet the significant other).

Well, when you are down with pneumonia and are too indisposed to party around, a loving partner online, a good wine and a chocolate almond ice cream cake are enough to cheer you up. Can anyone ask for more?

I'm so glad that 2007 is over and now I'm looking forward to what the new year will bring upon us. I know that with God by our side, nothing can go wrong. It's all about faith, you know.

Cheers to all of us! We survived the year of the pig in one piece!

6 comments:

Abad said...

Unang comment para sa 2008. Mukhang masaya ang bukas ng taon para sa'yo ah. Naubos mo yung cake? Happy New Year!

The Wandering Deity said...

Happy New Year! Buena mano ka. Nagpaparty pa ata ang mga loyal readers ko. Haha. Ende ko pa ubos yung cake. Actually, natunaw na sha paggising ko kanina, nakalimutan ko lagay sa ref. Meron tuloy akong instant shake. Haha!

Cheers!

Jane Doe said...

I didn't know it is the year of the Rat, I'm a Rat!! Cool!!

Happy New Year!

The Wandering Deity said...

I didn't know either. I just googled! Happy Hippy New Year!

atomicvelvetsigh said...

oh wow that's so soooo sweet!!!! im so happy for you two! take that having colds on that day was your 'blessing in disguise'.

well what we did that during our 'midnight' on each side of the world is spend it with our families. i called him and let him hear the fireworks! you know how explosive a philippines new year could be. and he called me when it was their midnight.

i know that we would have a great year ahead!! my best wishes to you too!

The Wandering Deity said...

hi velvet. we also celebrated two new year's eve because of the time difference.

yes, we are all going to have a great year! yay!

Sonnet to Fathers